What happens when a tree damages my car in MA?

Bethany of Franklin, MA asked, “If something happens to your car in your yard, such as a fallen tree branch, who covers the repair? Homeowners insurance or your car insurance.”

My answer is: Your car insurance, if you have the right coverage. In general, if the damage occurs to your car, your car insurance covers it; if the damage occurs to your home, then your homeowners covers it. In the case of a tree branch falling on your car, your car insurance’s ‘comprehensive’ coverage would kick in (a good reason to ask your agent if you have compressive coverage on your auto policy). As always, my answers are general in nature so be sure to check your policy for coverage details.

Ready to learn a little more? Click here to find out more about insurance coverages for you and your family.

And there you have it! If any of these apply to your life, I’d love to work with you to make sure the right coverage at a great value.

Please complete the form below for a quote.

Request Your Proposal Here

Are you ready to save time, aggravation, and money? The team at Safford Insurance is here and ready to make the process as painless as possible. We look forward to meeting you!

Call Email Claims Payments