AFFORDABLE PET INSURANCE FOR YOUR CAT OR DOG
Pets are family and they don't plan their illness or injuries around your pocket book. Vet bills can be expensive.
That's why we happily offer pet insurance for your family's cat or dog! Coverage is often much more affordable than one might expect and getting a quote is easy. Why risk expensive vet bill or worse . . . having to decide if Fido or Fluffy are 'worth it?'
Pet insurance will cover any cat or dog over the age of 8 weeks and you can choose from a variety of annual coverage limits and deductibles to best fit your budget.
Get started with your quote today!
Pet Insurance FAQ
- Pay your vet bill when you visit, submit a claim, and wait for your reimbursement to come. Reimbursement shouldn’t take very long and can even be direct deposited into your bank account.
- Your premium is determined by your location and your pet’s age, breed, and species
- Accident-Only Coverage can usually be purchased for about $0.50/day
- On average, customers pay less than $2 a day for Complete CoverageSM
- Preventive Coverage starts at about $0.50/day. Have more than one pet? You'll get a 10% discount when you add a 2nd pet.
There are two customizable plan options available, Accident-Only Coverage and Complete CoverageSM.
Accident-Only Coverage will take care of costs for injuries and emergencies related to accidents like:
- Torn ligaments
- Bite wounds
- Broken bones
- Lodged foreign objects (eating something they shouldn't have)
- Toxic ingestions
Complete CoverageSM includes everything in Accident-Only Coverage PLUS the cost of diagnosis and treatment of:
- Hereditary & Congenital Conditions
- Behavioral Issues
Pet insurance can even cover the most advanced treatments, like stem-cell therapy and surgery, and some you may not expect, such as acupuncture and chiropractic care, so you can follow your vet's recommendations with less worry about cost.
Preventive Coverage can be added to either plan and provides a set benefit amount per procedure (like your annual wellness exam, dental cleaning, etc.).
Pet insurance does NOT cover:
- Pre-existing conditions (unless cured and free of symptoms and treatment for 180 days - joint and ligament conditions have additional conditions)*
- Cosmetic Procedures
- Breeding Costs
- Preventive Care (unless the optional Preventive Coverage is selected)
- You choose! Annual coverage limits ranging from $5,000 – unlimited are available
- Unlike your human insurance, your pet insurance coverage is good for services from any vet, specialist, or emergency clinic in the U.S. or Canada. You choose the vet where you feel your pet is best taken care of.
- From submitting claims to reviewing your benefits, everything can be done efficiently online, on your time. Services are streamlined and intuitive for minimal disruption to your busy schedule.
- Pre-existing conditions are NOT covered. However, if cured and free of symptoms and treatment for 180 days the condition will no longer be considered pre-existing. Joint and ligament conditions have additional criteria when defining pre-existing.
- Yes - There is a 14 day waiting period for: diagnosis, treatment or surgery related to accidents, illnesses and ligament and knee conditions. The waiting period begins on the first effective date of the applicable coverage. Any condition that occurs during an applicable waiting period is a pre-existing condition.
- All dogs and cats over 8 weeks old are eligible for coverage*
- Get started by inputting your pet's name and zip code in the form found a little further up on this page
- Choose between 'Accident-Only' or 'Compete Coverage' plans
- Select the combination of annual coverage limit, deductible, and reimbursement level options that fit your needs and budget best
- Chose one of the 2 'Preventive Care' coverage levels (optional)
- Purchase the policy
- Visit www.hartvillepetinsurance.com/terms to samples of their policies